The police in Jos have said that "at least" six persons were killed by the bomb blasts that rocked the Church of Christ in Nigeria (COCIN) headquarters on Sunday.
The command's spokesman Samuel Dabai, who disclosed this, however he said he was not sure of the total number of those injured.
Some of the cars affected by the blast
But the Plateau Chapter of the Red Cross, who also declined to be specific on the number of those killed, put the casualty figure at 50.
According to the chairman of the Red Cross, Mr Manasseh Pampe, the figure comprised victims taken to Plateau Specialist Hospital, Sauki Hospital and the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH).
"The Red Cross took 35 victims to Plateau Specialist Hospital, 10 were taken to JUTH and five were taken to Sauki Hospital.
"But the Plateau Government later directed that all the casualties hospitalised at Sauki Hospital be moved to the State Specialist Hospital. That we have done," Pampe said.
He said that three of the victims taken to JUTH had been treated and discharged while seven were still at the hospital.
Pampe, however, said that he could not comment on the figure of those killed in the explosion as he declared that "it is not part of the responsibility of Red Cross".
Dabai, while speaking on the number of those killed, said that the two suicide bombers were killed in addition to four others including two women who died at the scene.
Two others died at the Plateau Specialist Hospital, he added.
He confirmed that one of the bombers died in the vehicle that conveyed the explosives, while the other was killed at the scene of the blast by the angry worshippers.
Dabai, however, refused to react to reports that some suspected Boko Haram members were arrested with explosives around Gada Biu area of Jos.
"I will get back to you on that. For now, I have been busy handling the explosion situation."
He said that the police were on top of the situation and urged members of the public to go about their lawful activities but warned against taking the laws into their hands.
Efforts to speak with the military Special Task Force (STF) maintaining security in the state proved abortive as the spokesman, Capt. Mdahyehya Markus, did not answer several calls to his phone.
Related stories: Video - Bomb blast near Church in Suleja